Using MySQL as User Database

lists@nvethis.d2g.com lists@nvethis.d2g.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:58:02 -0500

Hi all,

I have Horde 2.0 and IMP 3.0 running and it is working flawlessly.  I have a few
users that I server email to, among the few accounts I have for personal use.  I
am running RedHat 7.2.  Right now, I am creating a local account on the Linux
Server for the users to log into.  I'm not sure if this is the best way of doing
things.
Is there a way to create a user database in MySQL and have that as the user
database?  Also, if I did that, could I allow the users to change their
passwords online?  I have installed passwd and it is integrated into Horde, but
since I am using linux accounts, the passwords can not be changed.
What is the best way to manage users?  Thanks.

Bryan