[imp] Using MySQL as User Database

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:23:59 -0600

Quoting Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:

> Could you explain more on this?  What did you install to
> facilitate users changing passwords through IMP 3.0?

Download https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/passwd/
Read the docs that are with that patch.

> > > Also, if I did that, could I allow the users to change their
> > > passwords online?

That depends on whether you can change them via a poppassd program
(with passwd) or via some other web interface (independent of horde/imp)

> > >  I have installed passwd and it is
> > > integrated into Horde, but since I am using linux accounts,

It works specifically with linux accounts, so this is not an issue.
It should work fine for you with linux accounts.  If you go to ldap,
that is where you may have problems.

--
Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:     eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Fragen Sie nicht was Ihre Kumputer tun koennen,
aber fragen Sie was Sie fur Ihre Kumputer koennen.