[imp] Using MySQL as User Database

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:57:10 -0600

Quoting lists@nvethis.d2g.com:

> How do I know if I have a poppassd server installed?

Telnet to port 106 of the server.  If you don't connect, there is no
server.  If you do connect, it should look something (more or less)
like:

% telnet localhost 106
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 poppassd v1.4 hello, who are you?

(Here I use localhost as the host, you may need to use a different
hostname).

> server).  That is integrated into the Horde/IMP framework, but when I try and
> change a users password after loggin in, I get and error message.
> Unfortunately I can't type the error message now, cause I am at home.

We can't really help without knowing the error.  You can contact my
directly when you know the error message and I can try to help.

> I'm not sure if I have a poppasswd server installed and running, or if it has
> anything to do woth that.  Maybe I am missing a configuration in the
> passwd config file?

The only real important config file settings are the host and port.
The port defaults to the normal port, so I guess it is just the host
to worry about.  The host defaults to localhost, which may not be
appropriate depending on your setup.

--
Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:     eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Fragen Sie nicht was Ihre Kumputer tun koennen,
aber fragen Sie was Sie fur Ihre Kumputer koennen.