[imp] problem with login screen with IMP 3.1 RC1 (and horde 2.1 RC1) installed

Eric J Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:26:24 -0600

Quoting Jason Keltz <jas@cs.yorku.ca>:

> Why would the new behaviour of IMP 3.1 be to:
> a) not offer a default language (you have to select a language every
>    time you login?)
> b) not offer a mail folder selection.

These are probably misconfiguration on your installation.

> c) not say "Mail" as the name of the application, even though you have
>    specified in the configuration file that IMP will be handling the
>    login and not Horde.

Because you are logging into Horde, even if IMP is doing the authentication.

> d) not offer any help link for new users.

This one I agree with.  I was very disappointed in this also.  There is no
"new user introduction" nor is there any help links next to the fields like
in Horde1/IMP2.  The lack of help for new users seems to me to be undesirable.

> If this is the intended behaviour, great.  However, I must ask --
> why!?

I've also wondered that, but only for the help fields...

Eric