having trouble with imp2horde.pl and imp2turba.pl

Mark G. Thomas Mark@misty.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:14:06 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to switch from 2.2 to 3.0, and am using mysql.

3.0 is working fine, but all my user preferences and addressbooks
are in 2.2.

I edited then ran imp2horde.pl and imp2turba.pl. They reported no errors,
once I got the perl DBI stuff working. The problem is that when I log into
3.0 I don't see address book and identity preferences from 2.2.

The scripts definitely did something, as I see what looks like preference
and addressbook data in /var/mysql/data/horde/horde_prefs.MYD,
/var/mysql/data/horde/turba_objects.MYD, and related mysql files.

Could anyone give me any clues or suggestions about how to diagnose
things?  I really want to do the upgrade and get people off of imp-2.2,
but I can't do so unless I can preserve their addressbooks and identity
information.

My $IMP_DATABASE is the same as my $HORDE_DATABASE, if it matters any.
(The example ones are named differently.)

  our $IMP_DATABASE   = 'horde';
  our $IMP_TABLE      = 'imp_pref';
  our $HORDE_DATABASE = 'horde';
  our $HORDE_TABLE    = 'horde_prefs';
  our $domain         = 'mgtmail.com';
etc...

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark@Misty.com)
voice: 215-591-3695    fax:   215-591-0615