[imp] Warning: Undefined offset: 0 in ldap.php -- perhaps I set my prefs wrong?

Ian Zapczynski ianz@quarterleaf.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:38:32 -0500

Thanks much for the suggestion, Chuck.

I now have Horde 2.1 RC1, but now I'm a little confused on something else.
I've specified the same preferences as previously in horde.php:

$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'ldap';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'admin';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'hidden';
$conf['prefs']['params']['basedn'] = 'o=ourbasedn';
$conf['prefs']['params']['uid'] = 'uid';
$conf['prefs']['params']['always_bind'] = 'true';

But what I don't understand is that to modify the user's preferences, it tries
to bind to the LDAP server as "uid=user@domain.com, o=basedn" instead of
"uid=user, o=basedn" which is the format that our DNs are in.  (Hence I
receive a "no such object" error.)  It does successfully authenticate the user
prior to attempting to bind again and modify the preferences, so why would it
not use that user's DN to bind to the LDAP server rather than apparently
forming a potentially incorrect one using the e-mail address?  Or am I
misunderstanding what is going on here?

This happens both when choosing to authenticate via imap or ldap.  Of course I
can probably edit the code to handle this binding the way I'd like it to, but
shouldn't it be working the way that I'd like it to, or did I muck up a
parameter perhaps?

Thanks much for the help!

-Ian