IMP causing courier-imap to be unresponsive

webmaster webmaster@pctechtalk.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:16:13 -0500

Hi group,
   I have gotten everything setup now and it all works great except for
one thing. If I set IMP 3.0 to use the pop server I can log in and out
all day long without any problems. If I set IMP to use courier-imap I
can log in fine but after I log out or try to log in with another
username it is almost like it causes courier to become unresponsive
needing me to restart courier. I can keep outlook connected to courier
all day without any problems. I have asked over on the courier mailing
list to see if it might be something to do with courier. I would like to
get this fixed so I can make the webmail interface public to my user's
of the forum.

Here is the setup on the server,

RedHat 7.2
All the latest Qmail + vpopmail + qmailadmin + ezmlm + autoresponder +
ucspi-tcp + daemontools + courier-imap
Apache 1.3.24 + php 4.1.2 compiled with imap, gettext, and xml support.

I had thought about trying to get courier running under the supervise
scripts but as long as the daemons are running it won't restart courier
which is what needs to be done when this happens. Since the server is
behind a NAT router all connections coming in are of the same ip so I
have set the max daemons to the default 40 and max connects from the
same ip to 20. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I
can always just use pop but I like the functionality of imap especially
with the webmail interface. Thanks for any help.

George
www.pctechtalk.com