IMP and courier

webmaster webmaster@pctechtalk.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:54:50 -0500

Hi gang,
  Just a follow up on my previous question about IMP and courier not
getting along and having to restart courier all the time. I have just
been messing around with the logging in and out. If I set the server in
the config for IMP to be the pop server everything works great and you
can log in, log out and log back in as another user without ever closing
the browser window. If I set the server to be the imap server I can log
in do what ever I wanna do but if I log out and try logging back in as
another user authentication fails even if I then try to log back in as
the previous user and I have to restart the imap server to be able to
log in. I can log out and log back in as the same user though. I first
thought it might be a session problem with php but if all is working
well with pop then I would think it either has something to do with how
IMP is authenticating or it's courier itself. I have given up for now on
this and just have it set to the pop server until I can get the problem
worked out.

George
www.pctechtalk.com