horde auth and mail

Craig Coles CColes@keylabs.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:05:31 -0700

I am currently using the Horde and IMP code from yesterdays CVS because I'm
trying to resolve a problem with my Horde 2.1/IMP 3.1 installation...

A little background:

I started with database authentication to login to Horde (had to do the
manual adding of users to database first or course... this needs to be
better documented, parameters missing in horde.php, etc.) and this works
fine.  However I am not able to login to Mail with IMP.  I've tried to set
the ./imp/config/conf.php parameter server_list = 'show' but nothing is
displayed on login screen.  If server_list = 'none', where does IMP get the
default server information?  (I've probably missed something here...)

I then changed the auth.driver = 'imap' and set auth.params.dsn =
'{localhost/imap:143}INBOX' and can login to Horde and authenticate through
my local IMAP server.

Next I try to login to Mail with IMP and get the same problems as above.
(although with 'imap' authentication selected this will work in 2.1/3.1
code)  I've even tried to set IMP as the application to handle the login
process for Horde, but this fails too.

(BTW the supplied example for $conf['auth']['prams']['dsn'] is different for
the CVS code and Horde 2.1 '{imap.example.com:143/imap}INBOX' or
'{imap.example.com/imap:143}INBOX')

What do I need to change to get IMP to work (server paramaters)?
Also, I see mention to filter/filtering but do not see it in IMP user
interface, how is this turned on?

Even though I do not have everything working as I want, I can see this is a
great solution for web based email.  Thanks to all!

-Craig