MIME problem with forwarding a message containing attachments ?

chris@telerama.com chris@telerama.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:26:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

We have been using IMP for quite some time as a webmail client for our
users.  Just today we had a user who had a strange problem forwarding
a message that contained an attachment.  We are using imp-2.2.6 (a bit
old, I realize.)

The problem was this:

The user wants to forward a message, they are using IMP.  They click
on 'forward' and hit send.  I have included this message
(gold_fish_story) as an attachment to this message.

The message gets sent to the recipient.  The recipient is unable to
view the attachment.

I have replicated this problem and it appears as though IMP is
changing the encoding from this:

to this:

---MOQ10174357140b94c9525b9ccb64c154ff3acbd344d0

To replicate the problem, I appended gold_fish_story to one of my IMP
mailboxes.  I loaded up IMP and forwarded myself the email.  When I
receive the email in pine, I get the following...

[Can't display missing text segment]

I can hit 'V' and see the attachment, but I can't display it.

Anyone have any ideas?  Should I just upgrade?  Excuse me if this was
a problem that was discussed already, I looked through my archives and
some of the change logs, but I couldn't find anything matching this
type of problem...

--
Chris Tracy <chris@telerama.com>
Telerama Public Access Internet