[imp] text/enriched viewer

Stephen A. Cochran stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:32:58 -0500

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 12:00  PM, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> In the last couple days, I received about 10 messages in text/enriched
> format.  Not sure why I'm getting so many messages in this obscure
> format, but none-the-less I am...  Didn't like that they didn't show
> in-line, so I took my luck at a quick first pass at a viewer for it
> (horde/imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/enriched.php).  Not great, but it works,
> and is a starting point for further development.

Interesting timing. Just subscribed to the list after getting a first
install up and running Monday, and this is the first message I received.
And it answered a question I hadn't even formulated yet. Dartmouth is
still using Blitzmail, and the default sending format is text/enriched.
And message bodies weren't being displayed in the viewer, but showed up
correctly if I clicked message source. Thanks for telling me why, now I
don't have to figure it out myself! I will probably be interested to see
how that viewer develops, and even add to it, since that's the main
format for messages here.

Now for my real problem. I installed imp on RH 7.2 with apache 1.3.22-2,
php 4.0.6.15, mysql-3.23.41-1, imp 3.0, and the updated pear from the
horde web site.

The first day I installed it, everything worked fine. Yesterday when I
went to demo it for some people, I got errors ("Attempt to load
/horde/imp/redirect.php?Horde=...") on login 2 or 3 times, and then it
worked. Today, I can't get in at all. Same errors. Almost like it was
slowly getting worse. Looking at the logs today, apache is segfaulting
when these errors occur. Looking at the imap server, IMP is getting
logged in.

Any ideas? Is the next step backtraceing PHP? I'm new to the list, so I
might have missed something obvious in the archives.

And just a note to the horders, I demoed this for the Technical Services
staff, and it looks like we will finally have a supported web email
system, they really liked the looks of it. Great job!

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College