[imp] Horde / IMP officially deployed at UMICH.EDU

Stephen A. Cochran stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:37:27 -0500

Looks like Dartmouth College will be soon to follow, so far people
really like what they've seen ; )

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 12:00  PM, Liam Hoekenga wrote:

> We authenticate via krb4 to servers running UW IMAP.

One question for you, if you don't mind. What's your setup in using K4
to authenticate? Are you having the IMP servers obtain and hold a ticket
for users and then use that ticket to sign into the IMAP servers? We use
K4 here as well, and are currently looking at kerberos web
authentication. Right now we use sidecar to get the kerberos ticket to
the web server, but are looking at alternatives since there are several
limitations to this approach.

Feel free to email me off the list since this is getting off topic...

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College