[imp] Upgrading from 2.0/3.0 to 2.1/3.1

Ian Mortimer ian@physics.uq.edu.au
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:29:32 +1000

Hi Stephen

> This makes it sound like there are some new settings in the config =

> files. Is there any easy way to keep the changes I've made to the confi=
> files while upgrading? I'm guessing not...

merge is a useful tool for managing upgrades of complex config files.
You need to keep a copy of the original unmodified default config for
each version then just merge any changes you've made into the new config.

Often there are conflicts but these are clearly marked by merge
and easy to fix.  See merge(1) for details.

--
Ian
     ian@physics.uq.edu.au    Ian Mortimer