[imp] bind several branches in the LDAP tree for authentication

HAHN Nicolas n_hahn@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:53:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi :-)

Sorry to insist but:

In a data base, users are in a flat store. One basic feature of LDAP is
to store users in a tree structure. It'a a great lack to stay in the
same OU without scope definition.
I think it is really important to include this feature in the 3.1, as
soon as possible ;-)

The feature could be
1) ldapsearch on all the directory with a filter containing the binding
attribute
2) if multiple entries found, It's a mistake so no login authorized
3) if one entry found, get the DN of this entry
4) bind with this resolved DN and the password.

In such a case, the DN is not a constructed variable but the real
object DN. So lookup problems are solved.

Regards

 --- Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> a écrit : > Quoting HAHN Nicolas
<n_hahn@yahoo.com>:

> > If imp can bind a user only in one branch (the one which is
> configured
> > via the binddn), would it be possible to implement the
> 'multi-branches'
> > bind for the Release 3.1 ?
>
> Code?
>
> (not for 3.1, though; we've already feature-frozen it)
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> "A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
>  and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan

=====
Nicolas HAHN, ICQ: 51593394
System/Network administrator & webmaster
UNIX / LINUX engineer