question about a multipart mixed MIME message

Adam Arrowood adam@oit.gatech.edu
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:06:08 -0500

Hi,

I'm running Horde 2.0, IMP 3.1 RC1 and am having trouble reading a
message I received.

The multipart/mixed message was sent from Eudora and has a single
attachment. The first part of the message is a multipart/alternative
(text, then html), the second part is the attachment:

multipart/mixed
============================
=                          =
= multipart/alternative    =
= ------------------------ =
= - text/plain           - =
= ------------------------ =
= - text/html            - =
= ------------------------ =
=                          =
============================
=                          =
= application/octet-stream =
=                          =
============================

What I'm seeing happen on my installations of both imp 3.0 and imp
3.1RC1 is that one of the alternative parts shows up (depending on if I
have inline html enabled) but *no* attachment. When viewed on our IMP
2.2 installation, the attachment shows up.

An edited for security purposes copy of the message is at:

http://bastille.ns.gatech.edu/adam/tmp/misc/mixedprob.txt

So, is it IMP's problem or Eudora's or my configuration of IMP?

Thanks,
adam arrowood
adam@oit.gatech.edu

--