How to get from IMP 2.2.7 to 3.0 without loosing mail...

imp@Lentner.com imp@Lentner.com
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 13:59:24 -0500 (EST)

Hello Everyone,

I would like to upgrade my exisiting mail server with the new version of IMP
3.0, from what I have read it doesn't seem like 2.2.7 and 3.0 can coexist on the
same server without modification.  What I would like to do is backup the mail
for all my users which I believe resides in the mySQL server and then reload the
server with all the 3.0 components.  Here is what I currently run on my server:

Red Hat 7.2 (2.4.9-31)
apache-1.3.22-2
mysql-3.23.41-1
horde-1.2.7-1rh7
imp-2.2.7-1rh7

I looked under the user and administraive FAQ's but I couldn't find a FAq on how
to upgrade from a prior version.

BTW this application and sendmail far exceed what my Exchange server ever did!