Upgrade to 3.1: Now cannot login.

john-paul delaney jp@justatest.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:09:16 -0200 (CEST)

Hello List...

I installed imp3.1 and horde2.0 as an upgrade from imp2.26 and an earlier version of horde (running on PHP4.1.2).

The test.php in the horde directory displays ok, as does the test.php in the imp directory - after inserting my mailserver, user and password, I get a page "PHP IMAP extension test" which tells me the correct number of messages in the user mailbox.

I can login to my (imap) server and successfully access the user mailbox with the Demo Site on www.horde.org/demo/
I can access the server mailbox from my same test machine using imap with Outlook Express.

The server is RH 7.0/sendmail.  The problem is that my Imp login fails with the generic username/password entered correctly - I've checked my typing too.

The log states:
Apr 06 21:50:18 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 10.11.11.2 to bearnec.justatest.com:143[imap] as jp_www_justatest_com [on line 240 of "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

It looks like the name is incorrect "jp_www_justatest_com".  I think it should be just sending jp (without the _www_justatest_com)?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
/j-p.

 JUSTATEST Art Online