[imp] How to get from IMP 2.2.7 to 3.0 without loosing mail...

Barry Flanagan barryf-imp@digiserve.ie
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:44:04 +0100

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 14:52, you wrote:
> > Quoting Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:
> > > I have two different Apache's running on the same server (using
>
> different
>
> > > ports, of course).  One is IMP 2.2.7, and the other is IMP 3.0.  I have
>
> two
>
> > > different apache directories:
> > >
> > > /usr/local/apache_imp227
> > > /usr/local/apache_imp30
> >
> > what ? two servers for two imp ? I don't understand why ?
> > Do you know virtual hosting ? it's very usefull.
>
> It is not an important issue, but I figured I would share my reasons.

Just in case it is of interest.....

> My reasons for using two different servers:
>
> 1. SSL support is required by my installation. I don't think that I can
> create two different SSL enabled virutal hosts in one instance of Apache.

You can, using the Listen directive to listen to, say, 444 for your second
SSL vhost, then set up a NameVirtualHost on *:444, which loads the correct
certs.

The only reason you can't have Named vhosts using SSL on the same port is
that Apache cannopt read the Host: header until after it has negotiated the
SSL connection. If the only thing coming in on 444 is for that vhost, you are
OK.

-Barry Flanagan