Question to usage of IMP with IMAP/SSL

Fritz Zaucker zaucker@ee.ethz.ch
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:50:23 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

According to a message on the mailing list I used a servers.php setting with

	'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
	'port' => 143,

Same thing if using

        'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
        'port' => 993,

When not using a servers.php file, how would I specify the /notls and
/novalidate-cert flags?

Also, we have a Verisign-signed certificate for the IMAP server. But I can
only connect witht the /novalidate-cert flag. How can I find out why the
IMAP server doesn't recognize the certificate?

Thanks and best regards,
Fritz

--
Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering