[imp] adding users

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:21:48 -0500

Quoting Shannon N Lekas <shannon@flyingmug.com>:

> I should have been more clear.  I have looked all over the internet for man
> pages for this imap server from the horde howto imap 200c but no luck.  could
> you point me in the direction of how to add users to an imap server?
>
> shannon

It is generally done by adding them as normal users to your imap server machine.
If you are running linux, this means just adding normal users via the useradd
command.  You could also do it in any other supported format for your system
(NIS, NIS+, LDAP+pam, etc).  I believe you are using the wu-imap server, which
defaults to using normal login users.

Some imap/pop3 clients use non-unix users.  You create a seperate database
for the mailer alone. How you do this depends on the mailer programs involved.

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!