[imp] filtering for outgoing messages

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:11:31 +0200

Zitat von Mathieu CLABAUT <mathieu.clabaut@free.fr>:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Atif Ghaffar wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I have a strange feature request.
> > Can outgoing mail be also filtered.
> > Example.
> > If To is "chuck@horde.org" then file into "Inbox.people.chuck.sent".
> > I keep myself busy filing mails that are business related.
> > example. All mails that I send to one of my project related contact, I
> > file it in that project.sent folder.
>
>  I mainly use pine, and achieve something similar by using identities
>  send-mail configuration. I think it can be achieve with IMP identities.
>  i.e. I've one Identitie per project ; I select the good one when
>  composing and voilą !
>
>  I perhaps miss something in your requirement ;-)

Yes, I think you do! :-) I understand Atif's request and would like to see
such a feature too.

I have several identities defined in IMP: For work, private, Horde, mailing
lists etc. But still all messages sent with my work identity go to the same
sent mail folder. If I could have a sent mail folder for each project I
have at work without the need to create a new identity each time, that
would be great. It would be much easier to find old threads again.

Jan.