[imp] imp 3.0 - attachments problem - 0x0a being prepended

Scott Kearney skearney@fas.harvard.edu
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:19:01 -0400

Sorry it took so long to get back on this. I hope the reply still
threads correctly.

The problem turned out to be a bad setting in registry.php and I think
it had been compounded by some extra lines at the bottom of a few config
files. The bad setting was:

$this-applications['horde'] = array(
     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..'

I had it set to:
      'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . ''

..which was a relic of trying to have horde reside directly in the
htdocs directory. Sloppy error on my part, but the only problem it
seemed to cause was with viewing attachments. Downloading worked fine,
and everything else worked fine.

The other problem was was linefeeds at the end of config files.
Linefeeds after the closing ?> tag in certain files had the effect of
adding those linefeeds to the top of files sent to the client browser.
So a .gif attachment would be downloaded correctly, but with a couple of
blankspace lines prepended to it, the only thing I had which would
display it correctly was Photoshop.

I appreciate the provision of a demo server that can connect to other
imap servers over SSL. That was helpful in narrowing the problem down to
my horde/imp config (and not the imap side of things).
--
Scott Kearney