[imp] Can't create or get any folder other than INBOX in IMP 3

Bruce Peterson bpeterson@nc.rr.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 19:02:47 -0400

I'm about to pull my hair out with this one..

I simply can't see or create any folder other than INBOX.  The message from
IMP is:
"The folder "MyFolder" was not created. This is what the server said:
Invalid mailbox name".

If I start something like Outlook Express, it all works fine.  So, I know
it's a configuration problem with IMP, I just don't know what.  I did found
the following in the IMP 2.2 Admin FAQ:

------
5.3.17 Users can't get at any folder other than INBOX.
For the Cyrus and Courier-IMAP imap servers, this is often caused by an
incorrect setting in horde/imp/config/defaults.php3. Make sure you have the
following:
   $default->personal_folders = 'INBOX.';
The trailing dot is required (and its omission is usually the culprit!).
------

However defaults.php3 doesn't exist in IMP 3.0.  Here is part of my
servers.php file.

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'mydomain.net',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.mydomain.net',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => 'true'
);

Can anyone give me any ideas of where to look?  I've tried 'folders' =>
'mail/' as well.. same problem.

I'm running vpopmail 5.2, Courier-IMAP 1.4.4, and IMP 3.0
Thanks!!!

Bruce