[imp] Request for help

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz@uni-bielefeld.de
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:34:08 +0200

Hi,

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install it on RedHat 7.0. I am using PHP 4.1.2 with, imap,
> gettext,
> mcrypt and all the modules required by horde. Horde 2.0, IMP 3.1 RC1,
> Kronolith 0.0.3 and Turba 1.1 RC1. Apache 1.3.22, Postgres 7.1.3, UW IMAP
> server.
> PHP with gettext, imap, mcrypt and all other required modules.
> Pear is from php 4.1.2

I am running RH 7.2 with self compiled PHP 4.1.2.

> I installed Horde/imp according to Oliver Schulze's "Installation Guide:
> IMP 3.0
> on RedHat 7.2".

I read it.

> Imap module is 100% working with another web based mail client (basilix).
>
> When I try to run IMP (or any other application), when I try to log in I
> can't login. After I submit my login name and password I don't get any
> error
> I just get login screen again like I am not logged in :-(

I had the same effect with cvs snapshot from yesterday. The clue was in
horde/imp/config/servers.php to set " 'protocol' => 'imap', " and not as
adviced in the comments in this file to say imap/notls or so. This did not
work for me and resulted in a new blank login screen.

> Could you help me with this? Or just point on some documentation (I
> couldn't
> find any)?
>
> Thak you very much.
>
> --
>                				  rado (duffy) hrabcak
> .
>  .t-e-l. + 421 905 669 362 .m-a-i-l. duffy@duffy.sk
> .i-c-q. 25915231 .w-e-b. www.duffy.sk

Hope it helps. But would like to know why it is so.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz
Enger, Germany

PGP fingerprint: 2307 88FD 2D41 038E 7416  14CD E197 6E88 ED69 5653
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999