[imp] RFC822/PEAR problem ?

Marc Villegas Marc.Villegas@utc.fr
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:23:02 +0200

Hello list,

and thank you for this great and free product : IMP.

I installed IMP 3.0/Horde 2.0/PHP 4.1.2 on a Linux box some weeks ago
for the students of the University (I use IMP since the version 2.0) and
all works like a charm.

A little problem remains :

when a student sends an email with one or several 8 bit characters
located in a recipient address (i.e. : 'v=E9ronique.durand@truc.fr'), the
message is bounced to the postmaster (i.e. 'postmaster@truc.fr'), and
neither the recipient nor the sender receives the original or an error
message.

I browsed the lists and found a similar case. The user was pointed to
upgrade Mail/rfc822.php from PEAR. But I use the last stable release of
PHP/PEAR. Of course, 8 bit characters are not allowed in recipient
addresses, but then the sender should receive an error message, not the
postmaster (IMHO).

Can you point me to a solution for this problem, or to a workaround ?

Thanks in advance for your great support in this list.
Regards.

--
 Marc Villegas                           _/     _/_/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/
 Universite de Technologie de Compiegne _/     _/    _/    _/