[imp] Invalid Mailbox Name

Will Koffel will@koffel.org
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:34:00 -0400

So Franck, let me see if I understand the problem.

Can you create folders in the "Folders" area?  Creating a new one in the popup
called "INBOX.TestSent" should work.  Does it?

Then, if you edit your identity, you should see INBOX.TestSent in the drop
down.  If you choose that, can you save sent mail to it?

If you can't create it, it does sound like a courier-imap issue to me.  Do the
courier logs show anything?

The mailbox "sent-mail" is a special case for mbox'es, isn't it?  I'm
definitely speaking slightly beyond my mail protocol knowledge now.  Just a
hypothesis, maybe a differently named sent box would work.  I know I use one
called "INBOX.Sent" instead of the default "sent-mail".  See if an alternate
box works for sent mail.

You could also try setting your sent mail box to be one of your saved mail
boxes, or even the inbox itself!  That should continue to eliminate IMP as the
problem.

Good luck.

-Will