[imp] Finding values for prefs.php

Mike Barsalou mbarsalou@aidea.org
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:29:05 -0800

Are 'implicit' types deemed special?  If not, what are 'implicit' types?

Thanks.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck@horde.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 8:58 PM
To: Mike Barsalou
Cc: 'imp@lists.horde.org'
Subject: Re: [imp] Finding values for prefs.php

Quoting Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org>:

> Where is the best place to find what values are allowed to be set in
> the prefs.php file?

At the moment, there is no one best place; it sounds like you're
volunteering to help us create one, which is great. Thanks!

> For example, some values can get a 1 or 0 and some values can get text
> with tabs in between.  How do I best determine what values are allowed
> and what that value would do?

Questions should only arise in the case of 'special' preferences. Other
ones should be self explanatory - text is any long text, number is a
number, enums are one of the listed values, checkbox prefs are either 1 or
0, etc. For 'special' prefs, we'll have to go through them on a case-by-
case basis and document them.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity