[imp] Performance issue IMP 3.1

Robert Zrim project@fastrun.at
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:13:46 +0200

Hi all,

I am getting concerned: IMP seems to be a real jammer in CPU-load-terms.

We have been running a system with 10.000+ users using qmail and some
frontend
for over two years now and our "> uptime" load average very seldom came over
1.00.

We have now installed IMP3.1/Turba/Kronolith using an imap connection all on
the same machine,
some IBM Netfinity 4500 with multiprocessor architecture and PLENTY of RAM.

I have limited the IMP users to a simultaneous 15 - As soon as I had 10
users
logged in, load on the CPU grew exorbitantly.

Am I doing something wrong here ? Is there something like a mod_perl for php
that
will open just one persistent mysql connection for all users and thus save
resources ?

May machine usually locks up with an load average of 50.00 after a short
while.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Zrim