[imp] imp_get_vinfo function

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:44:58 -0700

Quoting "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley@pcraft.com>:

| Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
|
| > You need to customize the vinfo function for your needs.
|
|     Yeap, I figured it out after sending the message....
|
|     Ok, so now for something else. probably more involved.  This has to do
| with vhosts again.  When a user logs in, at the login screen, it displays the
| domain name as it should, however when they go to compose a message, the From
| address shows up with the local machine's domain name, not their vdomain
| name.  Am I making sense?  Do I have to hack the code to fix
| this...somehow?

Sounds like it could be the virtual host configuration in Apache.  If you
have all the mail servers aliases to one host, you might try setting
UseCanonicalName Off in httpd.conf.

You can have the users set their identities in options->Personal Information.
They probably should anyway.

Hope this helps,

ed

ed