[imp] Imap/Imp questions

Vincent Stoessel vincent@xaymaca.com
Wed, 01 May 2002 10:03:29 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I have some  questions in regard to imp3.1 rcr2.

1.Does IMP check for new messages each time you click on the INBOX icon?
2.Retrieving 244 messages from my INBOX seems "slow" (19-70 seconds)
  this slowness happens when I first log in and when I return to my INBOX
  from reading a message. Granted that many of the messages have word
  attachments. Does IMAP/IMP retrieve the bodies as well as
  the headers each time you open the INBOX folder?
3. I am using the imap2000c redhat 7.2 rpm. Has anyone found this
version be slower than old c-client? Has anyone found that compiling the
c-client boost performance at all?

Thank,
Vinny

--