[imp] Imap/Imp questions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 10:49:05 -0400

Quoting Vincent Stoessel <vincent@xaymaca.com>:

> 1.Does IMP check for new messages each time you click on the INBOX
> icon?

Yes.

> 2.Retrieving 244 messages from my INBOX seems "slow" (19-70 seconds)
>   this slowness happens when I first log in and when I return to my INBOX
>   from reading a message. Granted that many of the messages have word
>   attachments. Does IMAP/IMP retrieve the bodies as well as
>   the headers each time you open the INBOX folder?

Depends on what version you're using; if you're using 3.0 or later, it
only looks at all the messages if you have 'show_attachments' set to true.
2.2.x will peek at the body of all messages, though.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity