[imp] Receiving fatal error when attempting to log in...

Jim Adams jadams@tellme.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 09:57:00 -0700

I have been attempting to troubleshoot an error message I am receiving after
entering my user information and selecting an IMAP server from the drop down
menu on the IMP log in page.  The error is:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/html/mail/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 182

I have installed IMP using the information at
http://www.geocities.com/oliversl/imp/ . I have searched through the
archives of this list and have not found any one else reporting this error
message. I have verified that I can connect to the Cyrus IMAP server via
telnet to port 143 and verified I can connect to the mysql database using
the troubleshooting tips from the Horde administrator's FAQ page.  When I
verified my install against the 'test.php' script the results showed that I
did have php installed with IMAP and mysql support.

My question now is even though I have installed the latest version of PEAR
and moved aside the version of php installed initially with Redhat 7.2
(php-4.0.6-7) with no options, could this problem with connecting to the
Cyrus IMAP server be resolved by reinstalling php with the '--with-imap'
option?

Any help in pointing me in the right direction or troubleshooting tips would
be really appreciated!

Jim