[imp] Virtual hosting questions..

Chad Day cday@atpco.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 13:34:27 -0400

Thanks, Magnus.

What I decided on doing was something like this:

When I create a user, in another associated application I am running, they
are assigned a user ID #, so when I create the mail user, I just do
something like:

jsmith_userid#

and then alias jsmith@virtdomain.com to jsmith_userid#

Of course, that only works for incoming mail.. and they still have to sign
in with jsmith_userid# when they are logging into IMP.  Is there a way I can
have them sign in on their virtual domain with jsmith, and have it look up
the appropriate mailbox?  Also, like I said I know the alias only works for
incoming, so when they try to send mail it's going to be jsmith_userid#,
instead of jsmith.. I saw in the archives that I should try enabling
genericstable in my sendmail.mc file, but my problem is I *have* no
sendmail.mc file on my server.. it was already built, I didn't do it from
scratch (it's v8.11.0).  I know this is an offtopic question, but does
anyone have any ideas on what to do?  Should I try grabbing a generic
v8.11.0 sendmail.mc file, plugging it in, and enabling genericstable?

As for storing the information in a database, yeah, I probably should.. but
I have enough to tackle right now I think.  I'll worry about that later. :)

Thanks,
Chad