[imp] cyrus/imp/horde CVS as of today

Joakim Ryden jo@our-own.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 11:39:02 -0700 (PDT)

<quote who="Jan Schneider">
> Zitat von Joakim Ryden <jo@our-own.net>:
>
>> anyone else have any suggestions what one might try to get this to
>> work? i also tried the tests in "test.php" included with IMP and got
>> the same thing "document contains no data" when trying the imap
test.
>> FWIW, squirrelmail works flawlessly but i'd really rather run IMP...
>> my v
>> ersion of cyrus is 2.1.3 and sasl 2.1.2, php is 4.1.2 and apache
>> 1.3.22. i'll be happy to provide whatever additional information
might
>> be neccessary.
>
> If even test.php doesn't run you have a serious problem with php. Try
> increasing the error_reporting level and checkout your server logs.

sorry, maybe i wasn't clear. the test.php "self-tests" run through and
show "OK" - but the "manual" test where you put in host/username/
password to test connectivity to the server gives me "the document
contains no data". i see the imap connection in the cyrus log:

May  6 11:31:34 mail imapd[31427]: accepted connection

but it seems to stop there, not sending the username/password (or
not sending the username/password the way cyrus expects them.
normally i see in the in the cyrus log a full login like this:

May  6 11:31:34 mail imapd[31427]: accepted connection
May  6 11:31:34 mail imapd[31427]: login: www.cool.local[10.0.0.1] jo
plaintext
May  6 11:31:34 mail imapd[31427]: open: user jo opened INBOX

whereas the IMP login just chokes after connecting??

--Jo