Fwd: Re: [imp] IMP in safe_mode

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 12:40:49 +0200

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Fritz Zaucker <zaucker@ee.ethz.ch> -----
    Datum: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:26:23 +0200 (MEST)
    Von: Fritz Zaucker <zaucker@ee.ethz.ch>
Antwort an: Fritz Zaucker <zaucker@ee.ethz.ch>
 Betreff: Re: [imp] IMP in safe_mode
      An: Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Jan Schneider wrote:

> > Is it possible to run imp in safe_mode in php?
> > Thanks
>
> Some have tried but I don't know if anyone ever succeeded. You at least
> need to tweak your save mode settings and a bit of the Horde/IMP code.

It is possible to disable safe_mode for a specific virtual webserver. This
way you can by default enable safe_mode and only disable it for the virtual
host that serves IMP. This is certainly an improvement in an environment,
where the same webserver serves IMP and for examples users' homepages.

<VirtualHost Your IP-number or hostname>
  <Directory wherever your IMP lives>
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
       php_admin_value safe_mode Off
    </IfModule>
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Cheers,
Fritz

--
Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering

Jan.