pspell (was [imp] size of server processes...)

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Thu, 9 May 2002 16:15:48 -0400

> Yes, that's the way things are at the moment, but it would be nice to
> build an abstracted spell checking interface that could support both
> of those options (and future ones, as well).

I guess my question is would it be easier on system load if the spellcheck was
handled by using internal php functions - pspell_check() / pspell_suggest()
instead of EXECing an external spelling utility...

    exec("echo $tocheck | " . $conf['utils']['spellchecker'] . ' -a ' .
        $spell_opt, $warnings);

liam