[imp] Prevent pop3 access

Fri, 10 May 2002 12:35:49 -0500

Quoting Premier Email <info@premieremail.co.uk>:

> How can I prevent my IMP users from accessing their email via a pop3
> client.

Easiest way is probably to only allow pop3 connections from your IMP
web server IP address (using tcp wrappers or other method).  Then all
pop3 connections not from IMP would fail, and IMP would still work.

> I have done this in the past with other web-based email programs (none of
> which are anywhere near as good as IMP) by modifying the login form to
> include a hidden variable with a four digit code which is appended to their
> password before the form is submitted.

You could do this with IMP, but it sounds like a pain.

> However I cannot figure out how I can do this in IMP.

I'd use tcp address blocking, or something like that.

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!