pspell (was [imp] size of server processes...)

Mark G. Thomas Mark@misty.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 18:17:16 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 04:36:59PM -0400, Brad Hazledine wrote:

> I was going to try pspell but we ended up just making it play nice with
> ispell.
>
> Brad

I had this problem where ispell would seeming hang for the user doing
the spell check, the associated apache httpd process would grow to tens
or even hundreds of MB, and consume massive amounts of CPU.  This didn't
even seem to correlate to particularly large messages, from what I could
tell, on my server.  I ended up disabling ispell.

Were you able to fix the problem with ispell?  If so, how?

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark@Misty.com)
http://www.misty.com/  http://mail-cleaner.com/