[imp] IMP on Redhat 7.3

Don Jones donjjones@hotmail.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 18:19:55 -0400

I am having a problem with logging into IMP on a Redhat 7.3 system.  It
works with other IMAP servers on our network, but it will not allow logins
to the local IMAP server when I specify it in servers.php.

The error message that comes back on the IMP logon page is:
Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was
entered incorrectly.

I checked the mail log and the following shows up:
May 13 13:27:39 linux imapd[3901]: imap service init from 127.0.0.1
May 13 13:27:39 linux imapd[3901]: Command stream end of file, while reading
line user=??? host=UNKNOWN

I can login to the local imap server with other mail clients but for some
reason imapd just doesn't like IMP.

Any ideas on what may be the problem here?