[imp] Problem with mailbox format files...

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:51:21 -0400

Quoting "David J. Weller-Fahy" <largely@innocent.com>:

> Just setup IMP, and have been using mutt.
>
> I have a few mailboxes in the mailbox file format that don't parse
> correctly using imp, and am looking for suggestions.
>
> Example one:
>
>  ~/Mail/Keep/keepers
>
>   mutt - shows 9 messages in the mailbox
>        - no 'FOLDER INTERNAL DATA' message
>   IMP  - shows 7 messages in the mailbox
>        - in one message, the body from the first, and the
>          message sources from the second and third are the
>          'body' of this message

Sounds like mutt is writing directly to your folders and not going through
imapd.  Check to see if it's really running as an imap client.

Also, quoting http://mutt.sourceforge.net/imap/ :

"Mutt's IMAP support is still rapidly evolving, and I recommend that if you
are using IMAP you use a development version - there are some real bugs in
mutt 1.2"

So, check the version of mutt you're using.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
Signature under NDA

This mail sent through IMP: the Internet Mail Program