[imp] Problem with mailbox format files...

David J. Weller-Fahy largely@innocent.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 09:47:51 -0800

Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:

> Sounds like mutt is writing directly to your folders and not
> going through imapd.  Check to see if it's really running as
> an imap client.
>
> Also, quoting http://mutt.sourceforge.net/imap/ :
>
> "Mutt's IMAP support is still rapidly evolving, and I recommend
> that if you are using IMAP you use a development version - there
> are some real bugs in mutt 1.2"
>
> So, check the version of mutt you're using.

A winner! Turns out that I had the INBOX set to access through
IMAPd, but all the other folders were direct access.  Thanks
for the info.  Now I just have to recover those emails that have
been mangled. ;]

Again, thanks, and thanks to the other two that responded.

Off to play with plug-ins...

dave