[imp] Problem w/ PHP 4.2.1, IMP 3.0, Log.php

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:31:40 -0700

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

| Quoting Dan Brown <dan@familybrown.org>:
|
| |     I've been running Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0 under PHP 4.1.2 for a while with
| | no problems.  Last night, I upgraded to PHP 4.2.1.  Now, I get this when
| | I try to log in to IMP:
| |
| | Warning: Failed opening 'Log.php' for inclusion
| | (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear')
| | in /home/httpd/html/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 141
| |

| Yup.  The problem is that the latest version of PHP/PEAR does not include
| any non-essential PEAR modules by default.  By "non-essential" this
| supposedly means any modules that are not used by the PEAR installer
| script.  Therefore, the Log modules aren't there and you have to manually
| install them.
|
| I ran into the same problem while implementing some of the PGP
| functionality - a PEAR module that would make my life 1000x easier needs to
| be installed for it the PGP stuff to work correctly.
|
| I'm not sure there has been a decision exactly how to handle the PEAR
| problem - you can take a look at:
| http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=horde-dev&m=102083650808611&w=2
| for a partial discussion.
|
| I went ahead and installed a temporary solution - namely instructions in
| the horde INSTALL file on how to install PEAR modules - just so that
| development could continue.  You can take a look at those instructions at:
| http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/horde/docs/INSTALL?r=1.36
|
| Comments?
Michael,

On my php4.2.1 installation I needed the pear package manager before
being able to continue with a command line installation.

lynx -source http://pear.php.net/go-pear | sh

did it for me and now the pear install http://pear.php.net/get/[package]
works fine.

Another issue that I had was that my command line pear was reading the
include_path from a php.standalone/php.ini file that I hadn't configured.
An easy check was to just run a script with phpinfo() and check the output
for "Configuration File (php.ini) Path"

Hopefully this will help someone.

ed