[imp] File Attachment Size

Thu, 16 May 2002 13:34:24 -0500

Quoting Jim Hale <jim-ml@halemail.dyndns.org>:

> I was at work the other day and tried to send a message out, thru IMP, that had
> an attachment. The file was only 81k, but IMP said that it couldn't attach it
> becuase it was over the attachment size limit (2M). What can I look at to fix
> this?

You've already tried all the obvious fixes, except to verify the syntax of
the php.ini and horde.php files.  People have reported such problems when
they forget to quote the tmpdir value, unmatched quotes, typos, etc.

For example, this may not work in horde.php:

$conf['tmpdir'] = /tmp;

while this should:

$conf['tmpdir'] = '/tmp';

I think in some php versions, either may work in php.ini, and in others,
one or the other may not work.

Also, make sure file_uploads is set to "On" in php.ini (if applicable).

> Thanks!
>
> Jim Hale
> ---
> Jim & Kathy's Website Collection
> http://hale.dyndns.org

Other than that, it sounds like everything should be okay.  I have no
reason to suspect any other configuration issues, based on your messages.

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!