[imp] RH7.3 & RELENG_3 -- SORTARRIVE missing

Christopher Audley audley@cnsolutionsllc.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 15:55:33 -0400

I have IMP running on a 7.2 system using the RedHat PHP rpms I grabbed
from RawHide last month.  No problems there.

Now I'm trying to setup IMP on a RH7.3 system with no luck.  I've copied
over my config directories for IMP and Horde from the working system,
and similarly copied the horde.conf and imp.conf for apache.  I'm
running last nights RELENG_2/3 version.

When I try and connect to IMP, I get a bunch of error messages on the
login page indicating that SORTARRIVE, SORTDATE etc are undefined
constants.  This would suggest that the IMAP extensions are not turned
on, however, the php-imap RPM is installed, and looking at the PHP spec
file I see that --with-imap=shared was on the configure line.

I would think that if something fundamental was wrong with the RH7.3
packages, this guy below would not have been able to succeed.  I have no
idea what problem he was experiencing, thought, because he declined to
share.  I don't think it applies to my situation, the version of
Horde/IMP I'm using doesn't appear to use the MIME code from pear.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris