[imp] setting a mail priority on outgoing mails ?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Sun, 19 May 2002 23:51:45 -0600

Quoting Oliver Thalmann <oliver.thalmann@hospvd.ch>:

| Well,
|
| it look like there is some "pseudo standard" for this priority tagging
| (at
| least Netscape, Mozilla, Opera and "even" Outlook mail clients seem to
| agree
| on this one)
|
| it is a header line in the form :

| where number and Text are linked (ie 2 terms for the same meaning) and
| mean
| the following :
|
| 1 (Highest)
| 2 (High)
| 4 (Low)
| 5 (Lowest)
|
| the string seems to be case independent (Mozilla puts it all in
| lowercase)
|
| it is certainly not an RFC (anybody knows better ?), but imho, this
| system
| seems "widely" adopted as an easy priority tagging

Oliver -
What exactly are you looking for?  How would you want the priorities
displayed?  IMAP only supports "not important"/"important" - "important"
gets outlined in red, italicized, and an exclamation graphic.  I'm not sure
I would want to do something like this for a non-standard header though.
Any other suggestions on how to display the priority for these type of
messages?

And would it be handy to have IMP allow for setting of this priority on
outgoing messages?

just want some input before I look into implementing this.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder