[imp] RC3 last login?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 20 May 2002 23:57:09 -0600

| Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| > Note that all this works fine with the new Notification system.  My
| > question: does the old Notification system work throughout sessions?
|
| Nope.
|
| > request).  If this is the case, what about converting the Notification
| > stuff to the new system - which has been working quite well for some
| > time now?
|
| Unless we include the Notification libs in IMP 3.1, we can't, because
| we'd
| break backwards compatibility with Horde 2.0.

Isn't the framework there right now though?  Meaning that there is
practically no difference between 1.8.2.2 (used in 3.1 RC3) and 1.10 (HEAD
version).  Wouldn't it be possible to use the new functionality in
Notification (i.e. the OO-interface) without breaking backward portability.

The problem is that, without notification messages being stored between
requests, the last login functionality is useless for IMP 3.1.  Since the
login tasks are handled in a separate request from the display of the first
mailbox, there is no way last login will work without the new notification
method.

I'd love to look at this more - but I won't be able to for the rest of this
week as I will be out of town.  i just really believe this issue
(obviously) needs to be decided before 3.1 is released.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder