[imp] RC3 last login?

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 12:07:40 +0200

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Isn't the framework there right now though?  Meaning that there is
> practically no difference between 1.8.2.2 (used in 3.1 RC3) and 1.10
> (HEAD
> version).  Wouldn't it be possible to use the new functionality in
> Notification (i.e. the OO-interface) without breaking backward
> portability.

IMP 3.1 has to work with Horde 2.0 and this version doesn't have the new
framework.

> The problem is that, without notification messages being stored between
> requests, the last login functionality is useless for IMP 3.1.  Since the
>
> login tasks are handled in a separate request from the display of the
> first
> mailbox, there is no way last login will work without the new
> notification
> method.

I guess we could fix this by moving this raiseMessage() back to where it
was: mailbox.php. As we now can select the first page after login, it has
additionally go to folders.php.

The only people we'll loose are those that set a different 'initial_page' in
registry.php but I think that's ok.

Jan.