[imp] Fwd: [core] Documentation suggestion for unable to send mail error.

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:00:04 +0200

For the archives.

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Maarten <maarten@meldkamer.net> -----
    Datum: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:47:30 +0200
    Von: Maarten <maarten@meldkamer.net>
Antwort an: Maarten <maarten@meldkamer.net>
 Betreff: [core] Documentation suggestion for unable to send mail error.
      An: core@horde.org

Hi there,

Thanks for you're great product. I'm using it for a couple of months now, and
it works really good.

Last weekend I installed you're product on my own production server, and I ran
into some problems which did take me some time to fix. I think they are common
errors to make, so maybe worth to be included in you're manual.

I'm using Redhat 7.3, with a default server installation. The first error I ran
into is that IMP refuses to work with my IMAP server. I tried the SSL-IMAP, and
that did work well. Later on I did find some other poeple having the same and
did find a solution to this problom too, but unfortunatly I lost the URL. It
had something to do with adding something behind imp in the server
configuration.

Another problem I ran into, was that I couldn't sent mail. Pressing the sent
button just resulted in giving me the same screen again, but completly emtpy
again. It cost me a few hours in total to solve this for me, but finally I
found out that it had to do with the file-upload possibilities of PHP.

The default installation of PHP doesn't allow PHP uploads to the server. In
php.ini the file_uploads=off. Changing this in file_uploads=on solved the
problems I did experience.

I hope you understand what I am saying, my english is unfortunatly not that
good :).

Regards,

Maarten Bremer

Jan.