[imp] last login? + HINTs bar + icons in themes?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:04:20 -0400

Quoting Paul Reilly <pareilly@tcd.ie>:

> OK, now that I've seen how easy it is to raiseMessage(), I'm going to
> implement this. I'd like a HINTS/NEWS bar, so that normally it could
> show hints, but there was a major news event then it would show this
> instead.
>
> I'd like to put the hints/news items in a MySQL database.

Why? If you need that level of storage, use an abstracted driver like the
rest of Horde does (for Prefs, etc.). But wouldn't a text (or XML) file
work fine for this?

> What would be the best way to integrate this with IMP prefs?
>
> maybe...
>
> pref_name = show_hints
> pref_value = 0|1
>
> pref_name = hint_number
> pref_value = {0-100 etc}
>
> My initial thinking would be to store the hints themselves in MySQL, and
> retrieve the next hint in turn for each user. But this wouldbreak
> localisation, right? Can I map numbers to strings (even english) using
> the gettext method used in IMP? What happens if there's no corresponding
> translation for a particulat language?

Take a look at the help system and how it's translated, looks like this
might be worth a similar setup.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
My intuitive grasp of mathmatics often leads me astray.