[imp] last login? + HINTs bar + icons in themes?

Paul Reilly pareilly@tcd.ie
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:33:07 +0100 (IST)

> > 2) Also is there a patch to provide a "HINTS: this is a hint" type bar
> No, but that'd be great if someone contributed it.

OK, now that I've seen how easy it is to raiseMessage(), I'm going to
implement this. I'd like a HINTS/NEWS bar, so that normally it could show
hints, but there was a major news event then it would show this instead.

I'd like to put the hints/news items in a MySQL database.
What would be the best way to integrate this with IMP prefs?

maybe...

pref_name = show_hints
pref_value = 0|1

pref_name = hint_number
pref_value = {0-100 etc}

My initial thinking would be to store the hints themselves in MySQL, and
retrieve the next hint in turn for each user. But this wouldbreak
localisation, right? Can I map numbers to strings (even english) using the
gettext method used in IMP? What happens if there's no corresponding
translation for a particulat language?

Thanks
Paul